8.23.2010

Thrive Chocolate Almond Smoothie






I did a home Boot Camp workout this morning and sweated my buns off! Then I drank this Thrive Chocolate Almond Smoothie afterward. Really easy to make. A lot of the ingredients are the same as his energy bars (see last post).

According to the recipe, "This is a satisfying smoothie that will keep the hunger away for hours." Well we'll see about that! I drank it at 9:15am, and I have a class to teach at 12noon, a 1:30pm appointment, 4:00pm class to teach, and 5:30 class to teach, then a 7:00pm meeting. Let's see how long this smoothie will last me!






Recipe: Thrive Chocolate Almond Smooth (antioxidant-rich)
From: Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and in Life, B. Brazier

1 banana
2 fresh or soaked dates
2 cups cold water (or 1-1/2 cup water plus 1 cup ice)
1/4 cup almonds (or 2 tbsp raw almond butter)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp hemp protein (I used Living Harvest, Original Organic Hemp Protein with Fiber)
1 tbsp roasted carob powder (or cacao nibs to make smoothie 100% raw)

Makes about 3-1/2 cups, or 2 large servings

Emily's Comments: I drank all 2 servings! It was really refreshing and very satisfying. Not super sweet at all, like when drinking a Jamba Juice. Some of the dates and nuts were left at the bottom of the blender, so make sure to blend completely. I will definitely make this one again tomorrow.

Cheers!
-emily

No comments:

Post a Comment